Core / Extras -> Fedora

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu May 3 18:21:06 UTC 2007

On Thursday 03 May 2007 00:32:32 Jesse Keating wrote:
> That's right, it's finally here.  We are merging Core and Extras into just
> Fedora.  The work started this morning, and some processes will continue
> through the night.  Tomorrow we'll pick up where things left off and
> continue making it happen.  As such, there will not be a new rawhide
> tonight, and there won't be any Extras pushes for devel either.
>
> See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/CoreExtrasMerge for
> further details.
>
> More news will follow as we get closer to finalizing the merger.

A status report.

CVS contents have been merged for the devel/ branch.  A new cvs root, cvs/pkgs
is used (cvs/extras is a symlink to this).

Latest Extras builds for development have been imported into koji, our new
build system.

CVS make files have been adjusted to direct builds to koji if done from devel/

Koji is now accepting builds.

Whats left?

We're going to be working on making rawhide show up.  Most likely it will be
tomorrow at some point.  This includes adjusting the mirror layouts, and
providing new fedora-release packages that no longer list both core and
extras as separate repositories.

Once again, thanks for all your patience.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora