about maintainers and packagemonkeys (was: Re: rpms/ocsinventory-client/devel ocsinventory-client.spec, 1.7, 1.8)

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Fri May 4 10:40:34 UTC 2007

> P.S.:Packagemonkey sounds bad and we should not use the term IMHO.

Totally agreed, everything about that term is negative, and it does
nothing but convey contempt for people's valued contributions. If I
were just looking through the mailing lists archives and considering
contributing to Fedora in some way, and saw contributers referred to
as "package monkeys", I wouldn't hang around long. I find the word,
and the attitude it conveys quite offensive.