F7 Zope package

Michael Stahnke mastahnke at gmail.com
Sat May 5 15:01:10 UTC 2007

On 5/5/07, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
> On Sa Mai 5 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:
>
> > How many kenrel 2.4 releases has there been since kernel 2.6 came out?  Why
> > should anybody support kernel 2.6 if kernel 2.4 releases are still
> > happening?
>
> Afaik it is not possible to use 2.4 and 2.6 kernels at the same time, but with
> python there seem to be no technical problems, so these two issues are not
> really comparable.
Doens't slackware ship a 2.4 kernel and a 2.6 kernel in their release?

Also, I think this only cements the feeling that Fedora is for
developers, not users.  When I talk to other Linux users, they say
"Fedora was great, until I found something that listened to the
end-users much more."   As a developer, I love Fedora.  As a user, I
feel like many items that are pointed out are ignored because it means
developers have to do something.
I am not trying to start a flame-war, but please remember, we develop
to serve users, and they are very important.  If they want/require
zope python 2.4, we should try to accommodate them; otherwise it's a
3rd party repo job and will show that Fedora is also incomplete.

stahnma