Selinux and package guidelines

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sun May 6 18:55:45 UTC 2007

David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 11:09 +0200, dragoran wrote:
>> thx for mentioning this I suggest that any package that create avcs
>> should not pass a review. We have suchs packages in extras and nothing
>> in the review process takes care of selinux integration which is wrong.
>
> Yes, that makes sense. Although the SElinux experts do a great job of
> cleaning up after us, we should strive to ensure that package
> maintainers take responsibility for their own packages rather than
> _just_ dumping the load onto others.

David,

I'm getting very tired of these generalism's of you. Most of us are not just
volunteers, but even hard working volunteers. Terms like packaging monkeys, and
dumping, are not nice descriptions of, and show no respect for, all the hard
working people behind Fedora.

I for one have made sure all my packages work well with selinux targeted policy
in enforcing mode, and I've written patches for other peoples packages too.
I've even written for example textrel patches for SDL, but the @redhat.com
maintainer doesn't want to apply them.

So in the future please refrain from such generalisms, an show some respect, or
even better show others the respect you expect them to show for you.

Regards,

Hans