Why does nautilus create folders in my home directory by default?

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Sun May 6 20:32:10 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 20:43 +0200, Rubin wrote:

> So, long story short: If it has been discussed before, my humble
> apologies. If it has to be in there due to upstream changes, then where
> are the knobs? Can I turn it off?

Nautilus has nothing to do with creating the folders (unless you count
the fact that the nautilus maintainer also wrote xdg-user-dirs, which is
responsible for the creation of the directories).

If you don't like the directories, simply remove them. They won't come
back. If you want to change their names, look in
~/.config/user-dirs.dirs.

Matthias