Making Fedora a contributer friendly environment (Re: Selinux and package guidelines)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon May 7 11:27:34 UTC 2007

(Ignoring the political correctness gone mad and the bogus and incorrect
assumptions about my own feelings of respect or otherwise.)

On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 13:12 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> I've no problems with writing something about SELinux in the guidelines,
> although you should realise, that handling selinux requires a certain amount of
> knowledge I'm pretty sure not everyone has, so making this a hard requirement
> will exclude about 99% of our current packagers.

I don't think anyone suggested that the package owner should required to
do it all _personally_ -- just that the package should have no AVC
denials in order to pass review.

So the only people who would be excluded would be those who are
unwilling or unable to seek help from others when the task before them
exceeds their abilities. Which would probably be a good thing.

--
dwmw2