bcm43xx_mac80211 (was Re: Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93))

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Mon May 7 16:07:48 UTC 2007

Some new info...

Still playing with the new driver (bcm43xx_mac80211) I discovered
1. ifconfig -a lists among other devices wlan0, however ifup cannot use it
(complains about missing configuration)
2. after I tried creating new wireless network with NetworkManager it stayed
connected to wired network, however it detected some wireless networks here. So
it seems the wifi is working, the wifi driver as well, only configuration for
ifup is missing. Why? Is it some new "feature" or is it just a bug?

Thanks,
Martin