bcm43xx_mac80211 (was Re: Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93))

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Mon May 7 16:55:11 UTC 2007

John W. Linville wrote:
> On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 06:07:48PM +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
>> Some new info...
>>
>> Still playing with the new driver (bcm43xx_mac80211) I discovered
>> 1. ifconfig -a lists among other devices wlan0, however ifup cannot use it
>> (complains about missing configuration)
>
> OK, I missed the point of you complaining about "eth1" missing... :-)
>
>> 2. after I tried creating new wireless network with NetworkManager it
>> stayed connected to wired network, however it detected some wireless
>> networks here. So it seems the wifi is working, the wifi driver as well,
>> only configuration for ifup is missing. Why? Is it some new "feature" or is
>> it just a bug?
>
> Did you setup wlan0 w/ system-config-network?  If not, ifup'ing it
> won't help.
>
> John

Hm... when I try to add new device in system-config-network I can choose only
eth* (though I can write there wlan0 manually), but I don't know which adapter
to choose, because mine does not seems to be listed there... I think it should
be detected and set automatically like in previous versions of fedora.

Thanks,
Martin