bcm43xx_mac80211 (was Re: Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93))

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Mon May 7 19:14:51 UTC 2007

dragoran wrote:
> Martin Sourada wrote:
>> Bill Nottingham wrote:
>>>
>>> kudzu -p -c network? (Or does s-c-network use HAL these days?)
>>>
>>> Bill
>>>
> what about adding
> alias wlan0 bmc43xx_mac80211 to modprobe.conf ?
> does system-config network detect it than?

Hm... the system-config-network then shows it in the hardware list and allows me
to create a device. If I run ifup wlan0 however, I get this error:
Error for wireless request "Set Bit Rate" (8B20) :
     SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not supported.

And it fails to connect - but that is OK, since I don't have there any wireless
network I have access to...

Maybe I should try eth1, as kudzu find it as eth1? Or is wireless supposed to be
handled by NetworkManager completely?

Thanks,
Martin