F7 Zope package

Jonathan Steffan jon at fedoraunity.org
Mon May 7 19:56:52 UTC 2007

Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> * David G. Mackay [07/05/2007 20:33] :
>
>> You keep saying that it's a massive effort.  Would you point us to some
>> documentation outlining the work required?  Also, how much work is
>> required of Red Hat employees?  As a casual observer, I just don't see
>> it, and I might be a lot more sympathetic if I had a better idea.
>>

> This goes both ways.
> If the work needed to package compat-python24 + zope + plone + any and
> all packages needed to make the whole stack work is trivial, then
> anybody can do it and make a third party repo with all the rpms and
> maintain it until Zope 3 is included in Fedora.

Even when Zope 3 is available in F7, Plone will not be supported. I
would expect this to be the case with other Zope projects/products too.
what will happen. We all know where that leads, just look at the current
state of all the addon repos for Fedora currently. (Yes, I know there is
work to make it better and I've tried to be involved in this.) I'm all
for having things well documented as to why it's *not* there and also
want to be clear as to what I (the maintainer) have done to get the
packages supported in Fedora 7.

Jonathan