F7 Zope package

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Mon May 7 20:37:55 UTC 2007

On Mon, 07 May 2007 13:53:26 -0600, Jonathan Steffan wrote:

> Michael Schwendt wrote:

> >> Sorry to hear that they were removed.  If you need the functionality
> >> provided by Zope, then I don't know of any other open source product
> >> that comes close.

> >> I refer to the rpms that were on the F7-t3 dvd.
> >>

> > Yes, an old FC-6 zope from Aug 30th, 2006, and older than the current FC-6
> > package. The spec in Fedora Extras CVS has not been touched since then.
> >
> It wouldn't build. Why should I update it? (I actually asked and was
> told it was a waste of my time)

Why would you keep and offer old builds which don't work?

My initial reply was about this:

| It was nice to see that zope is one of the packages available for
| installation in F7.

The old builds ought to have been removed before the release of F7T1.

Both zope and plone have been in the broken upgrade paths report for a
long time without that FESCo has been made aware of the problem with
Python 2.5.

Further, do the release notes cover the removal yet?
(searching the Wiki I don't think they do)