F7 Zope package

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Tue May 8 18:40:18 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 20:28 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > You can see the discussion in the IRC log for that meeting:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20070405
> >

> Yes I just read it, and it is very sloppy decision making, I see 2 against (one
> verbal, abstained from voting, one vote) and 3 in favor's. And also lots of
> unexplored options, for example Jeremy never said what he found of having a
> /usr/bin/runzope, the zope maintainer never got asked if he would be willing to
> maintain a runzope package, etc.
>
> I urge FESco to bring this back to the table again, and this time do their
> "homework". Ask Jeremy if the private copy of python 2.4 inside the zope
> package is acceptable, ask the zope maintainer if the is willing todo that.

Both of them have been active in this thread.  You just essentially
asked them.  And according to the logs you supposedly read, Jeremy and
the zope maintainer _did_ have a conversation about it already.  He
_was_ asked.

> I know that no matter which way the decision is made, this won't get us a
> working zope with the the release. But if a solution is found, then maybe we
> can have a working zope as an update, that would look way better in the release
> notes, then what boils down to: "If you use zope, go looking for another distro"

The release notes are frozen (at least the ones that make it on the
media).

> Also although I understand Jeremy concerns this FESco decision draws close to
> censorship and I don't think thats something which we want.

This is not censorship.  Not even close.  Censorship would be banning
any further discussion on this topic, which nobody is going to do.

josh