ipw3945/iwlwifi/iwl3945 users, please test latest davej kernels

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed May 9 14:05:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 13:30 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 20:13 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> >
> > Doing things around this driver (in older versions) had the keyboard
> > playing up for me.  I wondered if it was playing games with
> > interrupts?
>
> Yes, I believe that's the case, although a self-compiled git version of
> iwlwifi on a custom kernel doesn't do this, which is odd.
>
> As an aside when the redhat kernel is loaded and the iwl3945 driver is
> loaded then I'm also unable to shutdown, the kernel just prints out
> "shutting down" and never actually does anything, although a warning
> about interrupts on the touchpad appears just before the shutdown
> warning.
>
> Sorry about the overly vague symptoms, after my exams in a few days I
> can debug this properly.

With the latest kernel (I think 2.6.12-1.3144), I've got the system
locked up from the keyboard (and I suspect disk).  I can't type, nor SSH
in (makes a connection, then hangs).

But the mouse works...

I got into this spot by leaving it on (broken, not working) wireless
connection to my AP, then selecting wired.  In the time it took to type
in the URL for to RH's bugzilla, but before I filed the bug, it cut the
keyboard.

Andrew Bartlett