Making Fedora a contributer friendly environment

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Wed May 9 16:35:35 UTC 2007

On 09/05/07, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
[snip]
> There are some drafts in:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/SELinux
[snip]

I have been following this discussion a bit, and have read those draft
packaging guidelines, and find myself as a packager rather confused.

That draft details how to add support for SElinux to your package.
But, what isn't clear to me is what the policy is for SElinux support
more globally. Recently I've filed a few bugs against packages that
have had problems with SElinux contexts and in each case the packager
has re-assigned the bugs to the SElinux team, who have fixed the issue
in an updated SElinux policy package.

This would imply that the policy package is where things should be
fixed, SElinux wise. But now that draft leaves me wondering if that is
incorrect.

Sooo.. where should SElinux contexts be set, in each package, or in
the SElinux policy package?

[Sorry if this is a dumb question]

Jonathan.