Legality of Fedora in production environment

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Fri May 11 15:08:59 UTC 2007

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 06:32:08PM +0400, Dmitry Butskoy wrote:
>
>> In other words, print some couple of documents (license agreement + GPL,
>> at least) and accompany them by their notarially certified translation
>> (just for police who do not know English)...
>>

> Do you need the entire text ?
>
> Would a page on the web site with a print your own that only had the following
> translated be sufficient ? (and possibly an arty 'looks like a legal document'
> background)
>
> [and I'm not a lawyer so legal would probably play with this text and don't
> take it as anything but an idea]
>
> 'The Fedora Project hereby certifies that $ORGANISATION as recipient of
> license #$LICENSE has the right to use, modify and redistribute the Fedora
> software in accordance with the precise terms found at [URL], and that this
> license is for an unlimited number of users and systems'
>
> [Fedora Project Contact Details]
>
> [Users filled in details]
>
> [Date]

AFAIK sometimes it is enough to send a document by fax...

The Fedora user could fill some form on the web site, and receive an
image. If the hard copy is strong required, such an image (with stamps
etc.) could be send for user physically.
The idea is similar to how RHCE certificates are sent (first an image,
then hard copy by post).

~buc