Legality of Fedora in production environment

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri May 11 16:43:46 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 10:08 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 18:58 +0400, Dmitry Butskoy wrote:
> > Josh Boyer wrote:
> > > The Fedora wiki pages link to a list of all approved licenses for
> > > packages.  You could systematically go through and print off each of
> > > these.

> > But it is more hard for individual user to print, translate and certify.
>
> I always forget about translating.  I blame it on me being a stupid US
> born citizen.
While we're at it: Does Fedora have a rule on a license language?
Or conversely: Which languages does Fedora accept as valid wrt.
Licenses?

As RH is located in the USA, I'd presume Fedora to be subject to "US
courts" in case of "legal matters" and as such I'd presume US laws would
prescribe "English" (and may-be Spanish - I don't know)?

Background: We have precedences of "Japanese-only licenses" in Fedora
packages.

Ralf