Making beagle optional

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Mon May 14 14:58:11 UTC 2007

I just commited a change to comps which makes beagle optional instead of
installed by default. The idea with beagle (and tracker) is nice, but
bugs keep on showing up causing the search daemon to use a lot of cpu
and/or memory, and this makes the default install look pretty bad.

This is somewhat of a feature regression in the default install, but at
this point we just don't have the manpower to make it work 100%. But if
people want it its still there, and eventually it'll be good enought to
turn on by default without affecting the general distro quality.

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's a witless one-eyed Green Beret haunted by an iconic dead American
confidante She's a strong-willed paranoid schoolgirl with an incredible
destiny. They fight crime!