Legality of Fedora in production environment

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Mon May 14 18:38:35 UTC 2007

> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Le lundi 14 mai 2007 à 23:43 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
> >
> >> I am just not sure we have the legal and financial resources to pay for
> >> translations every time we include new software under regional licenses
> >> that people cook up.
> >
> > Why to you think you can trust just any random translation? Can as well
> > process licenses through the fish.
>
> Again, I said official translation. Did you even bother reading what you
> are responding to?

The problem is in who can produce these translations.
You can't force upstream, also because it may just cost to much for Joe
casual developer, or for any other reason.
If the packages is good enough and worth including in Fedora and a local
FS savvy person can tell that the license is not crap, than I guess you
have enough filters to be willing to see if someone can sponsor a legal
translation for Fedora's organization records.
After all it is Fedora that have a problem with a foreign language
license not the upstream distributor.

Simo.