Legality of Fedora in production environment

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon May 14 19:41:02 UTC 2007

Le mardi 15 mai 2007 à 00:59 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>
> > Even if you manage to get people to commit to a legal document in a
> > foreign tongue and offload the translation risk the PR fallout in case
> > of conflict is going to be ugly.
>
> Legal risk is different from PR risk. We shouldn't mix them.

Even in this case you'll probably get both.

> >> Next time do read my mails completely before responding
> >> and avoid making assumptions about what I am conveying.
> >
> > Pot. Kettle
>
> I didn't assume anything about what you said while you clearly did
> assume that I was asking to replace the core license or that I was going
> to advocate for random translations.

And exactly how a software project (composed mainly of people that chose
tech over literature or law) and chose a license in its own language
(presumably because they didn't feel confortable with English) is going
to produce anything but a random translation? Especially if you tell
them it's not binding?

--
Nicolas Mailhot