Making beagle optional

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue May 15 09:21:58 UTC 2007

On 2007-05-14, 23:33 GMT, David Nielsen wrote:
> I think it might be good if someone started helping Alex with
> beagle maintainership so we could ensure quick pushes of new
> updates as bugs are fixed.

I am not sure, whether Alex had it on his mind, but I am afraid,
one of the reasons why there is insufficient support for beagle
is that the idea of Mono doesn't look that great lately. I think
that advantage of other search engines (tracker, strigi,
something based on JLucene) is that they don't require Mono.

Just my 0.02 CZK.

Matej