Explaining the new suspend quirks functionality in F7

Miles Lane miles.lane at gmail.com
Wed May 16 18:01:18 UTC 2007

On 5/16/07, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 08:42 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > On 5/16/07, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > So please point out new ideas, typos or maybe just general
> > questions,

It appears that something isn't working quite right in the system matching code.
The 20-video-quirk-pm-hp.fdi file on my laptop currently contains:
      <match key="system.hardware.product" contains="dv1000">
        <merge key="power_management.quirk.vbe_post" type="bool">true</merge>
        <merge key="power_management.quirk.vbestate_restore" type="bool">true</m
erge>
      </match>

I tested that "pm-suspend --quirk-vbe-post --quirk-vbestate-restore"
works for my machine, which is a HP Pavilion dv1240us.

# lshal | grep system.hardware.product
  system.hardware.product = 'HP Pavilion dv1000 (PX324UA#ABA)'  (string)

So, as you can see, my system information should match the existing
rule, but when I try to suspend, my video never comes back after
resume.  Evidently, the rule isn't being triggered.

One more observation.  It would be very useful for you to include that
command I used ("lshal | grep system.hardware.product") in your online
documentation.

All the best,
         Miles