Explaining the new suspend quirks functionality in F7

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed May 16 19:25:01 UTC 2007

Miles Lane wrote:
> I notice what seems to be a bug in pm-suspend.  If I run "pm-suspend
> --quirk-vbestate-restore --quirk-vbe-post", when I resume I get about
> a hundred linefeeds in the terminal where I ran the command.

That's actually an X bug -- changing the terminal from X to a text
console causes the X event buffer to be locked for some time while it
thinks your enter key is held down, and it counts one press for every
interrupt taken during the terminal switch.

If you want to run pm-suspend directly from a terminal in X, you should
basically do:

sleep 1 ; pm-suspend --quirk-vbestate-restore ...

--
   Peter