Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2007-May-14
poelstra at redhat.com
Fri May 18 16:47:25 UTC 2007
Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.
== Rawhide ==
* Notting put a lot of work into getting rawhide to build again--see IRC log for how it works
* Discussion of mash and future rawhide building plans
== Current Issues and Freeze Status ==
* we agreed last week to revisit this week.
* are we ready to freeze on Thursday?
* discussion of packages causing problems
* re-evaluate beagle and tracker for F8
* bug #217031
* maintainer made changes to comps
* DECISION (UNANIMOUS): Accept maintainer's comps change, making beagle optional. Include it in manifest so that it is on media for upgrades.
* newest wireless-tools has a patch that's supposed to fix 64-bit that actually breaks all wireless scanning on 64-bit systems.
* warren will drive issue to conclusion
* we not only need x86_64 testers, but also ppc and i386 to be sure the 64bit fix didn't break 32bit.
* DECISION (UNANIMOUS): If that -3 build turns out to be No Good then we just revert the 64-bit patches entirely and call that -3 (or -4 or whatever)
* wwoods--hal-0.5.9-6.fc7 fixed the suspend/resume quirks for some stuff (T60 maybe?), but broke it for others (my pitiable t43)
* without passing the quirks there's no way suspend to work on large classes of laptops
* ACTION: jeremy will try to get hughsie to take a look--davidz won't be back until the 20th.
* wwoods--the old raidautorun stuff + IDE = doooom
* wwoods will enage Peter Jones
* realy need IDE drives to do good testing
* lots of bugs; BZ: 151653, 231426, 238353, 221696, 213586, 238926
* wwoods--never tested dmraid because no hardware; f13 is going to test now
* DECISION: None reached
* we should direct new packages to updates, not the final tree.
* f13 will announce and update the freeze/release dates
* everything must be done and ready for GA on 29-MAY-07
== Outstanding GA Blocker Bugs ==
* 81 bugs still on the fc7blocker
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/ReleaseCriteria provides guidance on release blockers
* DECISION (UNANIMOUS):
* Blocker only fixes starting Thursday (branch CVS same day)
* Broken EVR paths and broken deps (including from the Merge) in the entire distro must be fixed before GA
* wwoods to add this to release criteria
== EULA ==
* EULA only available online; not in the distro
More information about the fedora-devel-list