rawhide report: 20070521 changes

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon May 21 21:43:01 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 23:38 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Build System wrote:
> > New package DMitry
> > 	Deepmagic Information Gathering Tool
> >
> > New package autodir
> > 	Creates user directories on demand
> >
> > New package clutter-gst
> > 	ClutterMedia interface to GStreamer
> >
> > New package clutter-gtk
> > 	A basic GTK clutter widget
> >
> > New package nbtscan
> > 	Tool to gather NetBIOS info from Windows networks
> >
> > New package perl-Config-Any
> > 	Load configuration from different file formats, transparently
> >
> > New package perl-Math-Vec
> > 	Perl Math::Vec module
> >
> > New package perl-Net-IPv4Addr
> > 	Perl extension for manipulating IPv4 addresses
> >
> > New package perl-Sys-Syscall
> > 	Access system calls that Perl doesn't normally provide access to
> >
> > New package perl-YAML-Syck
> > 	Fast, lightweight YAML loader and dumper
> >
> > New package perl-libwhisker2
> > 	Perl module geared specificly for HTTP testing
> >
> > New package php-pear-File-Passwd
> > 	Manipulate many kinds of password files
> >
> > New package php-pear-File-SMBPasswd
> > 	Class for managing SAMBA style password files
> >
> > New package pidgin-guifications
> > 	Guifications Plugin for Pidgin
> >
> > New package python-BeautifulSoup
> > 	HTML/XML parser for quick-turnaround applications like screen-scraping
> >
> > New package python-Coherence
> > 	Python framework to participate in digital living networks
> >
> > New package python-tag
> > 	Python bindings for TagLib to read and write music files tags
> >
> > New package schismtracker
> > 	Sound module composer/player
> >
> > New package scratchpad
> > 	Spatial text editor for the GNOME desktop
> >
> > New package tdom
> > 	DOM parser for Tcl
> >
> > New package tiquit
> > 	A PHP5-compatible help desk incident tracking/knowledgebase system
> >

> Wow, thats a lot of new packages, aren't we supposed to be in deep freeze? Or
> can one still send tag request for new packages, (iow only not for updates).

AFAIK new packages can continue to be added:
  no new features, major version bumps, or other such development
  changes are allowed for packages already in the Fedora collection (new
  packages can still be reviewed, added in CVS and built) [1]_

[1]_: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/DevelFreezePolicy

> Also in the list below I see a lot of updates to newer upstream releases, that
> also doesn't sound very deep freeze to me.

I'll have to let the release engineers speak to this point.

-Toshio