Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2007-MAY-21
poelstra at redhat.com
Tue May 22 19:47:41 UTC 2007
Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.
== Rawhide ==
* looks like Bill managed to get pungi to run on it, awesome. We now have installable rawhide.
* just did a pungi spin using the static-repos and that seems to be going swimmingly
* latest rawhide should include mdraid fixes
* there's some selinux bogons in the current policy that I'm chasing.. notable is the fact that semodule -i seems a bit broken 13:14 < wwoods> which is bad, since that's basically how we tell people to work around *other* selinux problems
* iwl3945 wireless
* linville committed some fixes for it and is looking at it more today
* doesn't blowup machines any more, but needs more testing
* jeremy plans to look into it a little more
== F7 Blocker Status ==
* blocker list is down to 45 at the moment
* believe that mdraid is higher priority than iwl3945 because it keeps people from being able to install/upgrade, especially people who are using RAID on IDE drives in FC6 - i.e. people who have been with us a while. the hard-core folx we wanna keep.
* mdraid and dmraid account for.. I think 10 bugs?
* gaim/pidgin-libnotify is two more bugs
* bz 212781 the installer-hang-on-lowmem machines will need a release note if there isn't an obvious fix
* gotta ask chip why this "symlink from /etc/alternatives/emacs to /usr/bin/emacs is not created." bug is on the blocker
* f13 will look through blocker list
* bz 240334 ... needs to get fluidsynth-devel
* due to extras not being built for ppc64 before the merge...
* fixing 240334 will get 2 bugs off the blocker list
* kernel update from davej
* alan posted a bunch of ata patches today that I'm going to suck up this afternoon
* i'm sitting on a bunch of patches to fix up some more suspend regressions
* .21.2 still hasn't landed but will soon
* linville is working on wireless stuff
* magic 8 ball says "outlook promising" wrt to having a good enough kernel for release by Thu/Fri
== Release Notes ==
* need to be built; currently building fine from cvs
* stickster will sync up with f13
* consider adding release notes to master schedule in the future or merging docs schedule with master schedule
== Preparing RC (Release Candidate) ==
* fedora-release need to be rebuilt once we have a final name
* f13 punts naming task to notting
* release notes need to be built
== Plan to reach GA ==
* 24-MAY signed package RC1 created
* 24-MAY RC1 made torrentable
* 26-MAY RC2 planned respin for any fixes that we've been able to find necessary and make.
* 26-MAY hand RC2 to Red Hat IS to start syncing for public availability
* 28-MAY confirm trees are GA worthy (if answer is "NO," GA date slips)
* 29-MAY begin sync to mirrors (takes 48 hours)
* 31-MAY GA
== Status of Bodhi ==
* Per lmacken he's really close.
* A few unspecified things need help
More information about the fedora-devel-list