can fedora has the animation grub like suse?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed May 23 12:17:38 UTC 2007

Le Mer 23 mai 2007 13:54, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 16:39 +0800, Ken YANG wrote:
>> as we see, suse 10.2 has the animation grub, it looks good.
>>
>> can fedora has this kind of grub?
>>

> We (the desktop team) hope to get rid of the grub menu in the default
> boot sequence instead of making it nicer. See
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBetterStartup

Timeout = 0 is a very very bad idea. That would make hitting grub (and
booting anything but the default) very difficult. Screens do not
clear/change mode instanteanously. I've never seen the first few
seconds of the current timeout displayed on any system.

Give some time for people to react. There's nothing more annoying for
a user that a key which needs to be pressed durring a minuscule time
window for stuff to happen.

--
Nicolas Mailhot