[Another useful thing]

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed May 23 18:44:28 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 14:32 -0300, Nicolas Antonio Corrarello wrote:

> Watching the thread go about the eye-candy for grub, I was also
> thinking, Is it possible to add the ntfs-resize functionality to Disk Druid?

Anything is possible. Here's what needs to be done:

- Parted NTFS support needs to be fleshed out. Right now, parted can
only detect NTFS partitions, it cannot create/open/modify them. Ideally,
this would go against libntfs-3g, similar to how reiserfs support is
implemented in Parted.

- Generic resizing support needs to be implemented in anaconda/disk
druid.

Add those two pieces together and you have ntfs resize at installtime.
Its a lot cleaner than what other distributions do (callout to
ntfsresize).

~spot