Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2007-MAY-21

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed May 23 20:15:42 UTC 2007

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>> just use your card ;)
>> connect/disconnect to networks
>> download data / upload data
>> scan for networks etc.
>> if you notice any oops or other bugs, report them...
>
> I was wondering if there were specific things that the daily kernel
> build churning was trying to address, that my day to day usage isn't
> hitting.  Today's kernel changelog speaks of iwl3945 related changes
> by there's no referenced bug number for me to read up on.
>
> -jef"why on earth does modprobe freak out and chew cpu when trying to
> remove the iwl3945 module?"spaleta

Just have a look through the official iwlwifi bugzilla for the reaction
level to externally reported problems

http://bughost.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=iwlwifi&content=

However the driver is getting reviewed at the moment for inclusion into
the mainline kernel and it seems that things will improve.  Perhaps
including not pushing things into closed source firmware that are better
done in the 80211 stack.

-Andy