iwl3945 status in fedora7

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu May 24 16:26:10 UTC 2007

Lamont Peterson wrote:

> I have a co-worker with an IPW3945 in his ThinkPad and a couple of other
> friends who have the IPW3945 in their notbooks.  They have all reported that
> they can not use NetworkManager with it.  Apparently, it's a well known
> problem that NetworkManager doesn't play (at all?) nicely with IPW3945 cards
> using either the older daemon or the newer drivers.
>
> I haven't heard reports yet in testing with F7 on their notebooks, but I know
> at least one of them was doing so.  If there is any new info regarding those
> tests, I'll try to post it here.

For me, using 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7, NM scans and finds networks okay, but
does not succeed to associate with the WPA2 network here even when given
the correct pre-shared key for all the variations of encryption protocol.

Stopping NetworkManager and the nm-applet, re-modprobing the module and
restarting wpa_supplicant associates and works.

-Andy