can fedora has the animation grub like suse?

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Thu May 24 23:05:27 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 01:55:22PM -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Right; but there's still a timeout. I'd suggest we didn't show anything
> at all.. meaning that you'd need to know the secret handshake to
> actually dual-boot (e.g. holding down the 'b' key or something).

Which is precisely what the hardware vendors found was a problem because
people lost the manual or didn't know about it. They've spent twenty years
discovering it was a stupid idea can we therefore dismiss it in 20 minutes
instead ?

In addition for users with screenreader devices it would be helpful to know
when it hit a key remembering they don't have all the other visual clues
people rely upon.

All we need is "Hit [F10] for system menu"

it'll look like all the

"Hit [F8] for RAID setup"

"Press [F4] to set your printer port on fire"

type messages they arelady expect on boot

Alan