Guidelines for huge spec changelogs?

Karsten Hopp karsten at redhat.com
Fri May 25 20:46:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 04:29:12PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > ... and the last changelog you get with rpm -q --changelog points you to that
> > file:
> > - older changelogs available in Changelog.rpm
> In other words, you are proposing to use detached changelogs instead of
> inlined ones ...

No, I don't. But as every single changelog entry in the spec file ends up
in the rpmdb it might make sense to trim the changelogs to a reasonable size.
(Did you know that F-7 comes with ~20 megabytes of changelogs in the spec files
? )
As I didn't want to loose the history of changes I've put them into a new file
(Although I have to admit that keeping 10 years of changelogs might be a bit
excessive, I'll cut that down to the latest major release changelog in the next
update).

  Karsten

--
 Karsten Hopp <karsten at redhat.de>   GPG 1024D/70ABD02C
 Fingerprint D2D4 3B6B 2DE4 464C A432 210A DFF8 A140 70AB D02C