Suspend stopped to work (Re: Explaining the suspend quirks...)

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat May 26 09:51:06 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-26 at 11:37 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> I just installed old 3149 (i686) kernel and did some testing and the
> result is
> that on 3149 it works and on 3189 and 3194 doesn't...

Not very descriptive. Doesn't suspend how... What do you see on the
screen prior to resume and during resume? Is there anything
in /var/log/messages? Does the kernel panic? Are you running on LVM?

Sorry to get sarcastic, but seriously, I can't help debug a problem when
the reports are:

"It used to work and now it doesn't..."

>  So definitely a kernel bug
> in recent kernels. That's no good to ship broken kernel in
> final :( Seems I have to BZ this, if someone haven't yet.

Or, try to bisect this - it's probably an upstream problem.

Richard,