CPU overheating

Ahmed Kamal email.ahmedkamal at googlemail.com
Sun May 27 11:29:42 UTC 2007

Hi,
On my toshiba satellite A105, hibernating (suspend to disk) works very well.
Suspending to RAM, also works beautifuly, it suspends, flashes the orange
power button, and resumes perfectly.
Only problem is (yes there has to be one), waking up from suspend to ram, it
seems the CPU fan does not run (or runs at minimal speed). Which is why, the
temperature overheats (100C or so) then I could smell my CPU burning (you
can imagine how angry/scared that made me) and a few minutes later, the
hardware protection circuits would poweroff the laptop (thank God).

I have a bugzie opened (233246) over two months ago, and havent heard from
anyone. Since this bug can destroy hardware, and since my satellite laptop
is hardly rare hardware, my preception is that this bug should get some
attention. I'm open for any testing for quircks that might solve this. Let
me know of any tricks/quirks I can test, so we can add this to quirks mode.
PS: I'm still on FC6 though (latest update), not sure if I need to be on F7