if this is a bug then it is a nasty BLOCKER for F7

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Tue May 29 06:10:05 UTC 2007

Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic <at> gmail.com> writes:

> If indeed new kernels break suspend and they ship with fedora 7 then
> this will be one lousy launch because most laptops will not be able to
> suspend/resume fedora out-of-the-box!

Got sick of figuring out what was causing hangs on resume on my Dell Inspiron
6400, so I just put this brute force measure in /etc/pm/config.d/unload_modules:

DISABLE_SUSPEND='yes'
SUSPEND_MODULES="`cat /proc/modules | cut -f 1 -d ' '`"

Mind you, this only helps with hibernate/thaw, but not suspend/resume, as you
can see above.

--
Bojan