For your consideration: Secondary Architectures in Fedora

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Wed May 30 02:37:43 UTC 2007

On 5/29/07, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 17:10 -0700, Chris Weyl wrote:
> > Sounds like a good process to me; opens up the buildsys to more arches
> > w/o imposing more work (on anyone who isn't wanting that work, at
> > least).
>
> That's a bit of bad statement.  I'm not wanting to do work to fix things
> on x86, but I do.  The purpose of secondary arches isn't to get people
> out of work.  It's to allow the base to move forward for the majority of
> Fedora users.

I never said anything about getting "people out of work"; rather, I
was commenting on how this proposal allows Fedora on non-primary
arches to move forward without generating additional workload for each
maintainer.

I rather suspect we're saying the same thing, but from two different
directions :)

                               -Chris
--
Chris Weyl