For your consideration: Secondary Architectures in Fedora

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed May 30 09:30:53 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 10:07 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 16:00 -0700, Chris Weyl wrote:
> > In other words, by only failing a build when a primary arch fails, we
> > enable the inclusion of many other architectures for those who care
> > about them, without imposing additional burdens on all maintainers
> > (who may not care about them).
>
> We have that already. The existing policy, allowing ExcludeArch but
> requiring a bug to be filed, works extremely well.

	As Jakub pointed out, there is a burden - having to wait for the slower
arches to complete a build. I was under the impression that that was one
of the main things that secondary arches was intended to fix.

	Couldn't we have automatic ExcludeArch bug filing when a build fails on
a secondary arch?

Cheers,
Mark.