shiny desktop, anyone?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed May 30 12:34:29 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, Joachim Frieben <jfrieben at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Agreed. But there should be an option for users to test it and see if
> > it works good enough for them - disable it again.
>
> Huh? What are you talking about? This corresponds exactly to the current situation. Go to:
>
>   "System" > "Preferences" > "Look and Feel" > "Desktop Effects"

This is a problem, it could also be under
"some" > "menue" > "users" > "dont'" > "know" > "even" > "exist" >
"or" > "what" > "it" > "actaully" > "does"

> When you click the "Enable Desktop Effects" button, "metacity" is replaced by "compiz" and you are asked to confirm if 3D effects actually work. In case they don't and you are possibly not even able to confirm, the system automatically falls back to non-composite "metacity".

Jup, I know that. But it should be much more obvious - like a popup of
some kind that asks you the first time you boot up the desktop.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241