Plan for tomorrows (20070531) FESCO meeting

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed May 30 20:03:56 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> But hopefully your mission
> critical systems that can't be updated via anaconda aren't relying on
> whatever is around at CompUSA on a given day...

I wish that were true.  But we had a nic go out and no spare on hand so
we needed one immediately.  So compusa it was.  The resulting struggle
getting it working meant migrating services over to other machines until
we got the nic working.  What a pain.  I've since installed clusters to
alleviate some of this but for some small shops this may not be possible.