Web-only release notes deadline 30 May 23:59 UTC

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu May 31 02:30:57 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade <kwade <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Following the release of Fedora 7, we'll push out an update to
> fedora-release-notes, after a short interval for translation.

I wonder if those translation intervals are a good tradeoff for the release
notes. Release notes often contain important last-minute information, so having
the latest information is crucial. So I think having as up-to-date information
as possible in English would be better overall than having lagging information
in N languages. IIRC, there were a few pretty important release note entries
which weren't allowed on the media because a freeze for translation was in
place.

(And before you file me off as yet another English-speaking bigot, I'll note
that my mother tongue is _NOT_ English.)

        Kevin Kofler