if this is a bug then it is a nasty BLOCKER for F7

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu May 31 07:05:03 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, Chris Brown <snecklifter at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/05/07, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > My point was yes it breaks for some people, but not all.  Besides,
> > > suspend has been broken for a long time, so it being broken one more
> > > release is not a blocker.  We'll fix it as soon as we can.
> >
> > Ok, I misunderstood you.
> > I'll hold you for what you said :) Please make suspend work as soon as
> > possible... because it is a really useful feature when it works.
>
> There are plenty of people working on it. If you would like to help in the
> effort then developers need feedback on what is breaking for you and to that
> end you can have fun learning the intricacies of gdb and git-bisect. I also
> imagine if you subscribe to the kernel-devel mailing list and provide as
> much feedback as possible when suspend/resume breaks for you you will get
> things fixed quicker. You may also wish to consider testing development
> kernels.
>
> http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora
>
> Cheers
> Chris

I want to help but I need to learn how to give you guys quality
feedback. I thought that people will point me sooner to some wiki page
or some other resource that gives me info and knowledge on how to use
debug ans such tools and how to submit feedback.

I'm all for it!

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241