[Suspend-devel] willing to contribute - so laptops suspend better - but how?

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Thu May 31 09:32:43 UTC 2007

Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I tried devel kernel - 2.6.21-1.3209.fc7
> the same issue - suspends ok, freezes on resume (with iwl3945 module
> blacklisted).

Have you tried "brute force" with module unloading? I have this in my
/etc/pm/config.d/unload_modules:

SUSPEND_MODULES="`cut -f 1 -d ' ' /proc/modules`"

If that works for you, it means that there is another module somewhere (like on
my box) that is causing hangs on resume (I guess the last thing you see is
Suspending consoles).

You can also grab Fedora 8 kernel and try building that. It's been re-based to
2.6.22-rc3.

--
Bojan