For your consideration: Secondary Architectures in Fedora

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu May 31 12:26:55 UTC 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007 06:34:52 David Woodhouse wrote:
> We don't know that it's an arch-specific bug which needs 'expert'
> attention. There are plenty of other possibilities -- I already
> enumerated the major ones. In _none_ of them is it appropriate to let
> the package out into the repository without investigation.

I'm done arguing this with you.  Quite simply a build that completes just fine
on the primary arches but fails on a secondary arch is squarely on the
secondary arch team to investigate.  They can ask for the assistance of the
package maintainer if they need it.  I'm not about to prevent good builds
that completed just fine on the primary arches from reaching the public repos
of said primary arches.  Having a mix of what is in the buildsystem + what is
pushed only leads to confusion, further complexities with pushing things out,
cascade problems holding up large sets of packages from going out, all for
arches that make up <1% of our userbase.  Obviously I'm not going to convince
you, and you're surely not going to convince me on this matter.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora