Fedora 8 Schedule

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Thu May 31 18:35:15 UTC 2007

tor, 31 05 2007 kl. 17:52 +0000, skrev Kevin Kofler:
> So this has popped up now:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/Schedule

I'd love to see GNOME releases always making the test3 release so we can
hammer at it, this means the test3 devel freeze must be on the 19th of
September or later, currently that date is set on the 17th. Seeing as
the KDE team also has a desire for a bit more time and that the goal was
to align Fedora with upstream release cycles there is a certain amount
of sense in adjusting the dates a bit.

This would allow time for doing QA and if we launch a test candidate
with the final GNOME that is a good tool to attract new testers for the
final rush.

In this cycle we should also not be to stubborn to forget that KDE 4.0
is a major release and that it's wildly anticipated. It would look good
on Fedora record if we were to make the effort to get it into F8 in a
final form. This would allow for both new users to jump to Fedora to try
KDE4 and it would aid in getting the stigma that we mistreat KDE removed
from our reputation.

- David Nielsen