For your consideration: Secondary Architectures in Fedora

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu May 31 19:08:13 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 19:37 -0400, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> I'll back Chris up on this one.  When I was the man maintaining those
> mozilla-* packages those other arches kicked my ass up and down the
> streets.  (Mozilla on s390?  Speaking of hating on platforms!)

Does this actually have any relevance to the issue at hand? You were
paid to keep it working on S390, weren't you? You didn't have the option
of just looking at the build log and saying "Oh, a compiler bug" or "Oh,
it lacks the xpcom stubs" and just filing a tracker bug and pushing the
already-completed build, leaving the problem to someone who cared about
S390.

And I feel sure you'd never be irresponsible enough to just ship it
_anyway_ if it suddenly failed on S390 when it used to work before.
You'd have at least _glanced_ at the failure before deciding it was OK
to push the builds for the other architectures. To do anything less
would be insane. And yet some people are suggesting that this releasing
of partially-failed builds should happen _automatically_.

--
dwmw2