For your consideration: Secondary Architectures in Fedora

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu May 31 20:54:00 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 03:18:55PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

 > The only disadvantage is the amount of wall-clock time it takes to put
 > it through the build system again -- and that's negligible for most
 > packages.

For the kernel, s/negligible/catastrophic/

It takes around 6 hours on a good day to get builds through koji
right now for all archs.  If we add more archs, and they
fail to compile/link after a few hours, that's a sizable amount of
hours I've just lost waiting for the build system.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk