contributing a software through bugzilla

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue May 1 05:58:40 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 03:20 +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Replying to myself here, because I have to add something:
>
> Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler <at> chello.at> writes:
> > Are you referring to the rtems cross-compilers? I'm willing to get these
> > through review for you (I can review packages from people who don't need a
> > sponsor now that I own a package) if you do the same with my tigcc
> > cross-toolchain package once I submit it.
>
> However, I see these currently block FE-GUIDELINES, so this is not just a case
> of respecting existing guidelines as your original post sounded like, but the
> problem is that someone thinks specific guidelines for cross-compiling are
> needed. I've also noticed you regularly attend the Fedora Packaging Committee
> meetings, why didn't you bring this up there?
I am a member of the FPC.

The topic had been brought up there a very long time ago, but it was
shot down. Other FPC members could not refrain from insisting on "change
upstream". Anyway, this topic meanwhile had come up repeatedly on
various Fedora lists, resulting into the "embedded SIG"
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki//SIGs/Embedded, which collaborated into
producing a precedence (avr-binutils), pragmatically focusing on the
actual issues, to not further close out cross-toolchains from Fedora.

Ralf