Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93)

nodata lsof at nodata.co.uk
Tue May 1 22:33:50 UTC 2007

Am Dienstag, den 01.05.2007, 16:43 -0500 schrieb chasd:

> I tried to answer certain questions with each part of my suggestion
>
> What is in it ?
> <Base>
> What does it do ?
> <Install>
> What media is it on ?
> <CD or DVD>
>
> >> Nobody but technical people will follow what "base" or "base install"
> >> means, let alone "Inclusive Repository".
>
> The word "base" is too technical ?
> I agree "Inclusive" is maybe not the best.
> I was attempting to indicate that all of the listed spins was included.
>
> > As "standard" has a well known, non-techie meaning of something
> > default or some reference that you can compare other similar things to
> > (i.e. the gold standard)
>
> Standard works for me, it is roughly synonymous with "base."
> It is better than " " which was the ongoing suggestion.
> " " doesn't answer anything.
>
> > Fedora 7 World DVD (with everything you can cram on a DVD and more)
>
> "World" makes me think that's what I need if I want extra language
> support.
> For me it doesn't say "All possible applications for Fedora"
>

> Charles Dostale
> System Admin - Silver Oaks Communications
> http://www.silveroaks.com/
> 824 17th Street, Moline  IL  61265

Too many options! "Don't make me think", for those that are fans of the
book.

This is like installing Suse. Suse has (had?) a dozen different text
editors on the menu. Users do not want to have to choose which version
they want, they want one default that works.

Anyone that wants any different knows enough to do it themselves.
Don't want firefox? yum install epiphany.

At this rate, we are hurtling rapidly towards this mess:

* Fedora 7 Starter
* Fedora 7 Home Basic
* Fedora 7 Home Premium
* Fedora 7 Business