F7T4 -- I tried the Nouveau driver from the LiveCD and hit major problems

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:59:04 UTC 2007

On 5/2/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Christopher Stone wrote:
>
> > I think at a _minimum_ Nouveau should be atleast as good as the nv
> > driver before including it, otherwise I see no point.
> >

> Yes it is. We can add a note on the release notes that explaining the
> status if the helps.

According to the original post of this thread, it is not as stable as
nv.  Does the nv driver render your virtual terminals busted or kill
your gnome session as stated in the original post?  If so, then the nv
driver is far more unstable than I had thought.

Not only should you add a note to the release notes, you should
probably also add a Conflicts with compiz to try and put a minimal
amount of n00b protection in the package.

-Xul"will just redirect IRC n00bs using Nouveau to bugzilla"Chris