Error messages with e1000 driver in Fedora 7 test 4 KDE live CD

Davide Bolcioni dblistsub-fedora at yahoo.it
Thu May 3 10:38:44 UTC 2007

Greetings,
I would like to report the following messages which I spotted on bootup and
shutdown of the Live CD on an x86_64 host - fairly frequent but not 100%
reproducible:

On network shutdown
e1000_reset: hardware error

On network startup
Unable to allocate NMI interrupt error -22

The card is reported as

  00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566DM Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 02)

the network is however functional. I used to have similar errors on Fedora
Core 6 until I disabled HAL, which sometimes died with a backtrace on boot.

Thank you for your consideration,
Davide Bolcioni
--
Paranoia is a survival asset.