KDE alpha 1 packages for Fedora?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu May 3 14:41:06 UTC 2007

On Thursday 03 May 2007 10:35:17 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> What really matters is how much testing that particular software got
> externally and in a Fedora environment, upstream and developer
> coordination etc. Sometimes alphas or betas or random cvs snapshots are
> much more stable than the previously supposedly stable release and is
> even recommended by upstream in some instances.

Well, what really matters is what upstream is planning on doing with the
codebase.  We ship "pre" releases of various types at various times, but
always with a mind of what the upstream will do with them.  Most often we
ship it only if it goes into a bugfix mode only, and the final release falls
somewhere in line with our final freeze date.  We absolutely make sure that
there aren't any feature enhancements planned for after our feature freeze.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora